I have just finished week 5 of the Viva Fresh Clean Eating Challenge and here is how it has gone so far.
Here is what I have learned over the last 5 weeks:
- I survived Thanksgiving! Had Turkey, a little bit of ham, Greens Beans and Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Not going to lie, I did have a small slice of Apple pie.
- Family and Friends have been interested and supportive about this Challenge. I have to remind them they can have whatever they would like and its ok, to have things I do not want to eat or drink. What you don’t eat only makes you stronger!
- I have been making better choices if we go out to eat. Also, just because it’s not on the menu does not mean that something is not available. Most restaurants will work with you if you ask.
- I have found that getting on the treadmill is not that hard to do and with the right TV channel on (for me its some type of Classic Rock Station) it goes by pretty fast. I try and walk twice a day for 30 minutes.
- My step count does not always show, as I either am holding on to rail when I walk so it does not pick it up. Tried putting it in my pocket but that does not work either. Also had a habit of taking it off when I took a shower and forgot to put it back on. Still trying to figure out the Fitbit.
- I have been eating my fair share of chicken, salads, grilled veggies and avocado, and try to eat fish twice a week. Beef jerky is my go-to snack but also like a few blueberries or strawberries if I want something sweet.
Net result of eating better through 5 weeks. Down 27.4 lbs. Sleeping better and have more energy.